5 whole chicken legs with thighs attached
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 ml olive oil
30 g butter
1 onion, finely diced
1 leek, cut in half lengthwise, washed, cut into 1/2-inch/1-cm strips
1cup of peas
1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
35 g all purpose flour
1 chicken stock cube
190 ml plus 15 ml whole milk, divided
55 ml single cream
Home-made puff pastry
1 large egg
1. Make puff pastry, shape into a square and wrap in cling film. Then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Season chicken legs, then fry in sauce pan until golden.
3. Remove chicken from pan and begin to take the meat off the bone. ( Do not be alarmed by uncooked chicken).
3. Fry leek in butter and season with salt and pepper. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the par cooked chicken pieces with the leek and fry for another 10 minutes.
5. When chicken is cooked add cream stir for 5 minutes.
6. Finally add the peas and season if needed.
7. Spoon into an oven proof dish and cover with rolled out pastry.
8. Place in the oven at 200 degrees and cook for 45 minutes.